The Awards have the aim of acknowledging unique and innovative ideas and initiatives in the use of web-based technologies and eBusiness for businesses and society at large.
Established in 2011, these awards aid in the promotion of the most innovative initiatives in the domain of eBusiness for development and to spread awareness about the role of web-based technologies in addressing social and economic concerns.
- To encourage institutions and individual leaders to use and apply web-based tools in various sectors;
- To identify and popularise emerging organisations and innovative projects from the different sectors;
- To identify projects that exemplify the kind of implementation that can be easily replicated and at the same time proves efficient and sustainable;
- To promote the most innovative initiatives in the domain of web-based technologies and eBusiness for development;
- To spread awareness about the role of web-based technologies in addressing social concerns; and
- To emphasize the instrumental effectiveness of web-based applications.