BEST TECH STARTUP
This award recognises the Malta-based tech startup with the highest potential for growth.
- What is the unique selling proposition of the product or service offered?
- Is there a market?
- What is the growth potential of this startup?
- How mature and comprehensive is the go-to-market strategy?
- How capable are the team members to execute this strategy?
- To what extent does the startup leverage ICTs in achieving its USP?o
- Be ‘independently owned’. This defined as a business which is substantially owned by its founders and/or a group of independent investors; is not quoted on any stock market; and is not a subsidiary or associated company of another business.
- Operates from Malta but targets international markets
Submissions and Evaluation
Applicants should submit a completed nomination form.
The submissions received will be evaluated and scored by a judging panel that may include successful entrepreneurs, technical experts, technology commercialisation professionals and investors. The panel will evaluate the nominations in line with predefined judging criteria concerning:
•the unique selling proposition (USP) of the product or service offered;
•the market and growth potential of the start-up;
•the team’s capability to execute the business strategy;
•the extent of leveraging ICTs in achieving the business’ USP; and
•the quality of the written application.
This Category will have a different judging panel. The panel will rank all applications and determine the three (3) finalists and Award winner. All three (3) finalists will be invited to the MCA eBusiness Awards Event. The Award winner will be announced on the night.
Disclaimer: The Judging Panel shall take reasonable precautions to treat written submissions and presentations as confidential , with the exception of the non-confidential description of the Business/Technology provided in the written application. However, it is the duty of the applicant to ensure that the intellectual property being presented is sufficiently protected and/or not prejudiced by entry into this competition.